The Home Buying Process:
Step # 1. Getting To Know You
The first step of the homebuying process is to meet with a Realtor, we actually call it a getting to know you meeting. This is a crucial step of the process as it will set the pace for the rest of the journey.
First, buying a house could be a complicated process if you don’t know what you are doing. So, going on it along, without representation or thinking that the listing agent is looking out for you while representing the seller, is a big mistake. There are a lot of things that can go wrong and not having someone looking out for you could mean a lot of money out of your pocket.
So, if you make the smart decision of having someone to represent you during the process, you might as well pick someone:
* With whom you get along well,
* That takes the time to know your situation and your specifics needs and goals,
* Capable to explain everything clearly and answer all your questions
* That has expertise and a track record of success in the local market,
* Who knows how to find great properties in your price range,
* That will alert you to new listings quickly, so you get the jump on those opportunities,
* Who will advise you on the best price to offer for the home you want,
* Who will prepare and present the offer, and skillfully negotiate such things as price, conditions, closing dates, etc. so you get the best deal,
* Who will recommend reputable home inspectors, movers and other professionals you may need.
* Among other characteristics.
Not every real estate agent works the same way and offers all of these services. Our clients say that we do. They also tell us how much they appreciate our professionalism, expertise and accessibility.
So, the best way to select the right real estate agent to work with is to meet with him or her in person. Ask questions to see if there is a good fit.
By the way, we are ready to meet with you for a FREE buyer’s consultation anytime. We are full time agents, work by appointment, and, we can accommodate to your schedule. Just call us to set an appointment at a time of your convenience.
Thanks for reading and have a great day!